The Journey Continues...

Welcome to my life. Updated on a semi-regular basis. Enjoy!

6/4/12

Grins and Giggles

   I've sat down to write a new post countless times in the past 10 months. I just haven't been able to narrow my thoughts down to anything worth saying, or at least what I would consider worth saying. However, since whatever I do write will be seen by very few, I guess my thoughts are going to be mainly for my own grins and giggles.
   It would be too much to try and write an update on the events during my silence. Besides, it hasn't been anything to grin or giggle about. There have been a few bright moments, but on the whole it's been rough waters. Most people that know me (and the situation) would probably agree with that too.  I feel the need at this point to share what is going right.
   My family is amazing. I think my parents alone are the reason I am not writing this in a mental hospital. My kids are healthy. Judging by the number of posts by parents I see on Facebook and other media, this is not a blessing to be taken lightly. God bless a child with a strong immune system! My marriage is strong. I've read somewhere that money issues break up a large percentage of couples these days. All I can say to that is that we know where our provision comes from. Hardship doesn't mean we are being punished or that God has turned His back on us. Sometimes it gives us the opportunity to pray for a miracle, to give others a chance to show God's love on us. It also gives us the chance to teach our kids how to be grateful for what we do have.
   I hope next time I have more interesting things to write. But for now I'll just get my feet wet again with this.

1 comment:

  1. Your attitude of dependency on God is something many who are struggling today need to read. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete