The Journey Continues...

Welcome to my life. Updated on a semi-regular basis. Enjoy!

7/6/12

If Something's Too Good To Be True...

 I so don't want to be writing this after my last post not 48 hrs ago.
Having a clear direction sometimes means you've put blinders on. It seems that God has other plans for us that we are still trying to determine. A massive door has been closed on our planned move to Amarillo. The job didn't work out for reasons beyond our control or understanding. We are not hopeless though. Never hopeless. My husband has had no less than 3 places in Amarillo contact him about jobs available. So it could be that our move is just delayed rather than halted.
My feelings haven't changed at all on the subject of moving. I'm still open to it. If anything, this sealed it for me. Maybe that was the lesson. I can't claim to have any special insight from the events of the last 2 weeks other than God wants his followers to be ready.
For what though? For whatever.
That doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed. That I'm not asking God why this has happened. But, if I tried to speculate on the meaning of everything that happens to me in my life, I'd go insane. The point is to grasp that there is a bigger picture being created. It's so big that we cannot even see the edges of the canvas we are being spread out on. Being ready means that we need to stay fresh and pliable to the brushstrokes. I can trust in God to take care of me through the hard times because, like every artist, He pays attention to the finer details as well as the broad strokes. I can just imagine Him leaning closeer to the canvas in order to make sure the details are placed just the way He wants. So he does with my life too.
God already sees the picture in it's completed form. All I can see is the work in progress.

Psalm 139:1-18, 23-24

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you....

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment